N9AVY

Feel free to use this forum to introduce yourself.

Moderator: kb9nzx

N9AVY

Postby N9AVY » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 am

Jerry here in Marengo, Illinois (EN52qg); this is my actual QTH although QRZ and other sites show Cary, Illinois which is actually about 15 miles further East. The Cary address is my business and more or less permanent address since moving out of Cary about 12 years ago.

Was first licensed in 1977. Upgraded from Novice to Tech to General to Advanced in about 1 1/2 years. Got my Extra back in 2000. Main interest has always been DX and 10-10. Active on PSK with membership in 070 group and EPC. Also enjoy contesting a lot, but time doesn't always allow.

Am member of Northern Illinois DX Association, McHenry County Wireless Association (current newsletter editor and one of the founders in 1978), former 10-10 Director, handle QSL cards for ARRL Incoming QSL Bureau, an OO and the CM of S.N.I.T.T., a non-affiliated 10-10 chapter currently on vacation until sunspots get to work. These activities along with running a full-time alarm business keep me pretty busy.

Just got TA-53 up on tower repaired after last Winter did some damage and am now back on the air with bigger signal than the wire antenna put out. Current radio is Yaesu FT-1000MP which was purchased used (pre-driven, hi !) with an ALS-600 amplifier when 100 watts just won't do.
N9AVY

Return to Introductions