Need Pics & Captions from 10X'ers!

This is reserved for our membership to give input, make suggestions, ask questions or communicate.

Moderator: KK3Q

Need Pics & Captions from 10X'ers!

Postby K5TEN » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:47 am

Hello fellow 10X'ers!

I'm Bruce, K5TEN (ex-KA9SOX) former CH of NITT Chapter (with NT9E) and current member of the Bauxite Chapter. 10X # 39886 and VP # 3260.

I am currently working on a project that will help hams and prospective hams appreciate and understand ten meters (as well as 10-X) and need original (not pictures that have been resized or cropped for the internet) as well as captions of both the station layout but antennas as well! Home, portable, mobile, all are helpful. There is a new Solar Cycle coming and people need to know how fun and easy as well as cost effictive 10m is as an HF band, and YOU can help.

Simply take pictures, digital is best, and send them to k5ten-AT-aol.com. Please include as much description as a caption as possible. If you are other hams are in the photo make sure to include their names and callsigns from left to right. include the name/model of the equipment or if it's a home-brew or modified rig as well. I need antenna photos too! The MOST importaint thing is to include an expressly written statement that you give me your permission to publish them, whether in print or internet. Including your 10X number and (if you have one) VP number would be very helpful.

If you would be so kind, include a paragraph as to why you enjoy ten meters and especially enjoy 10X. If you are a chapter head or chapter officer include that as well and what prompted you to help others on ten meters in the hobby.

While I most certainly will not be able to use each and every photo and I certainly hope to use as many photos and comments as possible! Photos and comments made without an expressed written consent to use them cannot be used.

Also mention if you are an dyed-in-the-wool QRP'er, homebrewer, paper chaser, antenna builder, or contester. All comments will help!

Send all to k5ten-AT-aol.com. Anddon't forget your permission to use.

Hams seem to forgotten our favorite band once the sunspots go away. We also need to keep it well occupied with hams as already in this cycle interlopers and unlicenced activity is starting to pop up. That's why 10X is such a great group, right?

Thank you all in advance and I appreciate your time!

See you on ten! The E-skip has been hopping into Central Arkansas lately!

Bruce Brady
K5TEN
Hot Springs National Park, AR
Bauxite Chapter Member

PS-- The k5ten-AT-aol.com is that way for a purpose. Replace the -AT- with @ when you mail. This keeps internet scanning robots looking for email addresses at bay when they can websites and forums for email addresses. Thanks!
ex-KA9SOX Northern Illinois Ten Ten (NITT) Chapter
Now: Bauxite Chapter, Central Arkansas
http://m3jzt.proboards82.com/index.cgi

(Music Mountain) Hot Springs National Park, AR
K5TEN

Re: Need Pics & Captions from 10X'ers!

Postby K5TEN » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 am

PS-- ALL of those who submit photos and captions and notes that are, in the end, used in the project will be credited in the project by name and callsign.

Sorry to forget that.

Bruce
ex-KA9SOX Northern Illinois Ten Ten (NITT) Chapter
Now: Bauxite Chapter, Central Arkansas
http://m3jzt.proboards82.com/index.cgi

(Music Mountain) Hot Springs National Park, AR
K5TEN

Return to Members