Thanksgiving Turkey Special
Sponsored by the Oregon Trail Chapter Of 10-10 International
Obtain a Special “designation”, i.e., Fat Turkey, Skinny Turkey, etc. from K7QXG via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person, or via snail mail, or over the land line, or on the air. Exchange yours with other participants over Thanksgiving weekend. Then submit your list of turkeys that you collected, including the call of the station who gave the designation to you, and K7QXG will calculate your score. Winners in each call area and VE Province will receive a certificate. The top 5 DX entries will receive a certificate.
1. The Special begins at 0000 UTC Nov 25th and ends at 2359 UTC on Nov 28th .
2. Event is open to members of the Oregon Trail Chapter of 10-10 world wide and to members of ROADS. W7HO will issue you an Oregon Trail number if you wish to participate, but do not belong to the Chapter. (W7HO@w7ho.com)
3. Obtain a designation from K7QXG at any time between now and the end of the Special. The actual point value of each designation is known only to K7QXG. The point values will be revealed after the Special ends.
4. You must exchange the “turkeys” on the 10 meter band, using SSB, CW, FM, AM, or digital. No other band is acceptable.
5. Send your list of turkeys, and the call letters of the stations that gave you the turkeys, to K7QXG by December 15th, 2010.
6. You may work a station only once, regardless of mode, but you may collect several of the same kind of turkeys, i.e., W7LOU – Tall Turkey, K7QXG – Tall Turkey, KE7JNT – Tall Turkey, etc. (This is only an example, and no designations have been assigned at this time.)
7. Certificates (cheaply made with a PC printer) will be awarded to the stations with the top scores in each Call Area and VE Province, and to the top 5 DX stations.
8. Members of the Oregon Trail Chapter of 10-10 will have their collected points added to their on-air point values, if they are qualified.
There you have it gang! Enjoy!
K7QXG, Bob, CH of Oregon Trail Chapter