W6OI and VE9TEN Special Event

Discussion of QSO Parties, Contest and Special Events

Moderators: K5CC, kz3t

W6OI and VE9TEN Special Event

Postby K5CC » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 pm

W6OI AND VE9TEN SPECIAL EVENT

The 7th annual W6OI and VE9TEN (official 10-10 club stations) Special Event will be held
starting at 0001Z on 27 Nov and ending at 2400Z on 28 Nov 2010.

The Special Event has designated 10-10 members in all US call areas and Canada operating
W6OI and VE9TEN. The purpose of the Special Event is to have fun, keep ten meters active,
and to advertize 10-10.

Special Event QSO cards are available for each call area worked and a free certificate will be
given to operators that work all US call areas. Stations working VE9TEN can count it as a wild
card for a US call area if needed to qualify for the certificate.

Members desiring to operate W6OI in the Special Event should contact Cliff, K5FBS
(k5fbs@yahoo.com) for call areas 1 thru 5 and Ray, N5DAS (rdobson@satx.rr.com) for call
areas 6 thru 0. Members in Canada should contact Rob, VE9KM (rireland@mta.ca) for
permission to operate VE9TEN.

The ten meter band has been marginal however 10-10’s goal is to keep the band active.
The W6OI and VE9TEN Special Event is a great way to have propagation from all over the
North American continent. It is also a fun event in that members get to use or work the club
stations from all over the continent. If you participated in the past please sign up again.
If you want to do something really interesting please contact Ray and Cliff.
K5CC

Re: W6OI and VE9TEN Special Event

Postby NZ1I » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi Folks,

I hope some of you are available to work with us on this Great Event. I have had alot of fun being a pile-up doing this event. I have never had an exotic callsign, so my chances of
working a pileup from Connecticut are slim to none. But if the band is open, this event can amount to running one.

So if you have some time free on the weekend after Thanksgiving come join us!

Kevin NZ1I
Life Member 72759
Moderator- Modes Forum
NZ1I

Return to QSO Parties and Special Events