Hello all. I have a Radio Shack HTX -10 that is not being used for anything right now. I was thinking about putting a beacon on the air with it. I haven't operated 10 meters before, so I could use a little Elmering with this.
1. Is there really a need for another ten meter beacon?
2. How do I decide on a frequency to beacon on? Is there any unofficial coordination?
3. Should I use a vertical or a horizontal dipole? Anyone have a link to a verticle dipole plan? I think I saw one in QST a while back but can't seem to find it. I believe it used electrical conduit.
4. What level of output power is recommended? If I was to put this beacon on the air, I would like to run it 24/7.
5. Anyone know of a plug and play, or close to it, CW keyer for id'ing?
I am sure there's more questions that I may have, but let's deal with these first.
Thanks in advance!