We are heard

This Forum was added to allow the membership to make suggestions or submit input concerning the Ten-Ten News.

Moderator: VE9KM

We are heard

Postby N5CMP » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Amateur Radio Week in Texas
Sunday, 21 June 2009
Texas Governor Rick Perry has proclaimed the week of June 27th, and the 28th as Amateur Radio Week in the state of Texas.

The proclamation reads as follows.

"The technology and art of radio have captured the popular imagination since it's invention in the late 19th century. Early in Radio's history, enthusiasts communicated with each other for purposes of recreation, personal edification, and public service. While hobbyists and experimenters have greatly improved the technology of amateur radio operating, the commitment to community service remains the same.

In times of crisis that render other forms of communication unavailable, from hurricane Ike, to the terrorists attacks of September 11, 2001, amateur radio operators relay critical emergency information.

At this time, I encourage all Texans to learn more about amateur radio and to recognize the contributions amateur radio operators make to our great state, both in times of crisis and in times of peace.

Therefore, I Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June 27th-28th, 2009, Amateur Radio Operator Week in Texas, and urge the appropriate recognition whereof.

In official recognition whereof, I hereby affix my signature this the 27th day of May, 2009."

Signed
Rick Perry
Governor of Texas
N5CMP

Return to Publications